Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing programs, such as determining the level of potential leads who communicated with the company through different integrated marketing communications and identify potential customers. Develop strategies to log their names into word documents and excel sheets with the goal of maximizing the firm’s profits or share of the market while ensuring the firm’s customers, who have done business with the firm are satisfied. Oversee product development for the purpose of giving assitance and advice and monitor customer reactions that indicate the need for new products and services.
- Identify, develop, or evaluate marketing online activities, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics.
- Formulate, direct, or coordinate marketing activities online and offline to promote products or services, working with advertising or promotion managers.
- Develop and balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Compile lists describing product or service offerings and their characteristics.
- Help to distribute printed materials throughout the community and communication with community business owners.
- Communicate and socialize among the community to help the community build based on the sustainable vision of the firm.
Public Relations Specialists
Engage in promoting or creating an intended public image for individuals, groups, or organizations. May write or select material for release to various communications media.
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Write press releases or other media communications to promote clients.
- Establish or maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of the community, consumer, employee, or public interest groups.
- Plan or direct development or communication of programs to maintain favorable public or stockholder perceptions of an organization’s accomplishments, agenda, or environmental responsibility.
- Study the objectives, promotional policies, or needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products, or services.
Search Marketing Strategists
Employ search marketing tactics to increase visibility and engagement with content, products, or services in Internet-enabled devices or interfaces. Examine search query behaviors on general or specialty search engines or other Internet-based content. Analyze research, data, or technology to understand user intent and measure outcomes for ongoing optimization.
Sample of reported job titles: Channel Supervisor; Director of Audience Generation, Search, & Analytics; Director of Online Marketing Strategy & Performance; Director of Search Engine Optimization (Director of SEO); Director, Search Marketing Strategies; Ecommerce Marketing Manager; Internet Marketing Consultant; Internet Marketing Specialist; Senior Search Engine Optimization Associate (Senior SEO Associate); Senior Search Engine Optimization Specialist (Senior SEO Specialist)
- Collect and analyze Google Analytics web metrics, such as visits, time on site, page views per visit, transaction volume and revenue, traffic mix, click-through rates, conversion rates, cost per acquisition, or cost per click.
- Identify appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report key metrics from digital campaigns.
- Assist in setting up or optimizing analytics tools for tracking visitors’ behaviors.
- Coordinate with developers to optimize Web site architecture, server configuration, or page construction for search engine consumption and optimal visibility.
- Conduct online marketing initiatives, such as paid ad placement, affiliate programs, sponsorship programs, email promotions, or viral marketing campaigns on social media Web sites.
Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
Research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas, or gather information to determine potential sales of a product or service, or create a marketing campaign. May gather information on competitors, prices, sales, and methods of marketing and distribution.
Sample of reported job titles: Business Development Specialist, Client Service and Consulting Manager, Client Services Vice President, Communications Specialist, Market Analyst, Market Research Analyst, Market Research Consultant, Market Research Manager, Product Line Manager, Project Manager
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Seek and provide information to help companies determine their position in the marketplace.
- Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, and method of marketing and distribution.
- Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.