This position requiring knowledge of office systems and procedures. Clerical duties may be assigned in accordance with the office procedures of the firm and may include a combination of answering telephones, typing or word processing, stenography, office machine operation, and filing.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
- Maintain and update filing, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
- Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.